Lallemand LalBrew®Köln Kölch Style Ale jäst, 11g
A top fermenting yeast, ideal for traditional Kölsch-style and other neutral ales.
The neutral character of the strain accentuates delicate hop aromas while imparting subtle fruity esters.
Colder fermentations will be more neutral in character, while warmer fermentations
will have a more fruit-forward ester profile.
In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) LalBrew® Köln yeast exhibits:
- Fermentation that can be completed in 7 days, a bit slower than most ale strains.
- This is perfectly characteristic of this strain.
- Medium to High Attenuation and Medium Flocculation
- Neutral to slightly fruity and estery flavor and aroma
- The optimal temperature range for LalBrew® Köln yeast when producing
- traditional styles is 12 – 20°C (54 – 68°F)
- Lag phase can be longer compared to other ale strains, ranging from 24-36 hours
Lag phase, total fermentation time, attenuation and flavor are dependent on pitch rate, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.